Visit our secure online giving page and pay by ACH (echeck) or with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card.
Send us a check
Make your check payable to "Earlham College" and mail it to:
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374
Call us with your credit card
Contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 765-983-1313 to make your gift by credit card.
Make a gift of stock
Gifts of stock are a wonderful way to support Earlham and provide you with both income and capital gains tax deductions.
To make a gift of stock, please follow the instructions on our Stocks and Securities web page.
For tax purposes, the tax ID for Earlham and Earlham School of Religion is: 35-0868073.
While Earlham appreciates every gift it receives each year, Leadership Gifts play an indispensible role in ensuring the financial well-being of the College. While comprising only 13% of Earlham’s total donor base, leadership givers each year provide approximately 60% of the total amount of charitable support the College receives.
Beginning this year, Earlham has instituted seven Leadership Giving societies and two societies that recognize consistent giving to the College. Learn more about these societies.
A leadership gift can establish an endowment that the College holds in perpetuity. Learn more about endowing a fund.
An endowed gift is an investment in the future strength and success of Earlham — a gift that the College holds in perpetuity. The goal is to ensure that the principal maintains its value over time. Thus, a donor who creates an endowed gift today can be confident that it will grow and continue to support Earlham in the years to come.
Endowed gifts allow friends to:
- Give generously while uniquely expressing causes or priorities that matter most
- Ensure financial security for future generations of Earlhamites
Earlham strives to make its high-quality education accessible to students regardless of their present family income. Earlham provides two types of scholarship opportunities:
- Annual scholarship: A minimum gift of $2,500 for a deserving student in a single year
- Endowed scholarship: A minimum gift of $50,000 where the fund's income is awarded to a student, but the principal gift is never spent
Scholarship Recipient Survey
Planned gifts are among the most meaningful to make and to receive. Not only do they provide important support for education programs, but they can also offer considerable tax advantages to you and can be surprisingly easy to set up.
Use the to learn more and find the right gift for you.
Earlham welcomes gifts made in memory or honor of alumni, friends, or other individuals.
To make an Honorary or Memorial gift by check, please make it payable to "Earlham College" and mail to:
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Or contact the Institutional Advancement Office at 765-983-1313 to make your gift by credit card or use our online form.
When making a gift, please note the individual who is being honored or memorialized with the gift. If you would like us to notify the individual or a family member than an honorary or memorial gift was made, please include their name and address.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70 ½ years of age or older and have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can make an immediate impact at Earlham through an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift. An IRA Charitable Rollover Gift allows you to make a gift to the College, satisfy part or all of your annual required minimum distribution from your IRA, and exclude part or all of that distribution from your taxable gross income, thereby reducing your tax liability.
- FOR YOUR GIFT TO QUALIFY: You must be 70 ½ years of age or older at the time of your gift. The transfer must be made from your IRA directly to Earlham. Your total annual IRA Charitable Rollover gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000 in the calendar year of the gift. Your gift must be made to Earlham by December 31 in the year you decide to make the gift. Your gift must be outright. Gifts from your IRA to donor-advised funds or life-income vehicles such as charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts do not qualify as IRA Charitable Rollover gifts
- AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT MAY BENEFIT YOU: As an easy and convenient way to make a tax-free gift from one of your major financial assets. You may also consider renewing or increasing your annual gift with your IRA Charitable Rollover; As an exclusion from your gross income; and By counting toward your required minimum distribution.
Making Your Gift is Easy
Before December 31 of this year:
- Download and complete this fillable form.
- Contact your IRA custodian.
- Ask that your distribution be a charitable rollover to Earlham College.
- Ask them to include the following in the transfer:* Your name Your address
Make Earlham a Beneficiary of Your IRA
You may also consider making a charitable bequest of part or all of your retirement account to Earlham. A retirement account bequest is one of the most tax-efficient ways to fund a charitable gift from your estate. By making the College the beneficiary of your retirement account, you may reduce or eliminate federal estate and income taxes related to your retirement account at your passing. When the owner of a retirement account passes away and leaves the retirement account to family members, estate and income taxes on the retirement account may total 60% or more of the retirement account assets. You receive a charitable estate tax deduction upon your death when you designate your retirement account to Earlham. In addition, your estate and your heirs will not report any taxable income related to the retirement account distributed to the College upon your death. Earlham is not subject to either estate or income taxes, and the entire amount the College receives can be applied to an area of impact that you designate during your life.
For more information, visit the .
Earlham gladly accepts gifts-in-kind that are appropriate to its mission but also maintains the right to decline any gift that does not fit with its mission or would be too costly to maintain.
The College also requires a transfer of ownership letter for all gifts-in-kind and a valid independent appraisal (at the donor’s expense) for gifts valued at $5,000 or greater.
In the case of gifts to the Permanent Art Collection, gifts of art will be accepted only if the curator has reviewed the proposed donation prior to acceptance (this can be done through photographs, correspondence or visit to the prospective donor). All objects must be accompanied by the following documentation: appraisal; correspondence; catalogue entry or other publication; provenance information (such as chain of ownership; purchase receipts); and a letter from the donor).
Faculty and staff come from a wide array of backgrounds and experiences to work at this campus, but are united as a part of the Earlham family.
It might seem strange, giving an employer back part of one's salary. But here, Earlham is more than just a workplace, it’s a community that supports and encourages one another. An employee gift to the Earlham Fund has a direct and immediate impact on life at Earlham through support of student financial aid, campus enhancements, and sustainability efforts, among other aspects.
Contact a member of the Institutional Advancement staff, or use the online giving form, to make your gift today.